I'm not going to do my normal ranting today...this one will be short and to the point. I'm sure you're probably thinking something along the lines of "If it's short, post it on facebook dumbass!!" But, for some reason, even though we're all "grown ups", people tend to get offended by swear words and this happens to be a time when "gosh darnit" and "meanie head" just aren't going to work for me.
As you know, my husband is gone for a month training to be an even badder Marine than he already is, getting ready to head to Afghan in October. I know, I know, blah blah blah...we know Tanya, get on with it already!!
So, today I had to mow my lawn. Not an international event or anything, but in my world something that I never have to do since it is considered a stress release for my husband and he is very anal about the manner in which it is executed. Since it couldn't wait until he got home without looking like blind retarded people lived here, I had to get out there and do my half ass job. I grabbed my trusty Coors Light, threw on the iPod and headed out.
I know at this point you're begging for mercy and hoping I will get to the damn point!! I just have to say that I always tease Steven for being the last boy scout. He is always the person people come to for help...usually to work on their cars, but the man has an innate ability to fix just about anything...so people dial 1 800 asksteve and he is always quick to respond!! Since that is the case, you would think some lazy fatass would maybe consider helping out his wife as she is struggling with this machine she knows no more about operating than she does about fixing a car!! Oh no!! I actually had neighbors walk by and wave at me!! Unfucking believeable!! What the hell has happened to common courtesy?? Whoever said "chivalry is dead" wasn't lying. I love the fact that my husband fights for our freedoms, but that whole freedom to be an asshole thing sucks balls!!
Ok...so I lied. It wasn't short, but hey...it couldn't be that bad since you stuck around until the end!! Needless to say, I will start looking for lawncare providers that I can just pay and not have to be aggravated while Steven is deployed. :)
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment